***** Us in USA, well just Me *****

FROM PARIS AND LYON TO AUSTIN... and all of the above "Tous les textes et photos de ce site sont propriété de l'auteur et ne doivent pas être reproduits, vendus ou diffusés sans son autorisation écrite."

Thursday, January 12, 2006

A new post from "The Mister"

This is a long over due blog from "The Mister" that Paris2Texas so often refers to me as... She always asks why I never write anything in the blog and perhaps I should more often but when I sit down to think about what I may or may not want to write about, a moment of unclarity of thought or perhaps better put a moment of "writers block" hits me... Maybe or maybe not this kind of thing has happened to you, I don't know, but let me tell you that it's not fun to sit down at the computer wanting to talk about something and nothing comes to mind...

Often though Paris2Texas tries to give me ideas about what to write about, like "write something about Brokeback Mountain" which I found to be an ok movie to go see, but it's not the "Next" American Classic that some critics like to say... But I will say that is one of the best movies of "this" year... I preferred the movie "Munich"... Maybe it's the fact it's more of a "guys guy" kind of movie, with more guns and explosions with a very strong and power acting troupe and a great story to go with it... Brokeback was very slow to begin and very hard for me to get into, although the scenery in the movie was very nice, but I found the stories of the relationships with the men's wives and family to be more compelling and interesting than that of the relationship between the two men themselves... I don't know, maybe it's me and the conservative household that I grew up in... But I just didn't get caught up nor had much feeling for the two men and their sexual tryst in the woods...

The best thing that came out of the movie Brokeback Mountain was a new friendship bonded with a couple in Austin very similar to Paris2Texas and I, in that they are French and American like the Mrs. And I... Which we love... Funny though, that John and I both just sit and stare at the two girls while they speak French and we have no clue as to what they are talking about... But I must admit that I can catch on a little more than he can about the gist of the conversation... I know a few more words of French than he does but just like him there is no way for me to communicate with my wife with anything other than English... Good thing for us they are both so fluent in the language... But I will be taking French Classes this Summer with the best French tutor at home any new French student would love to have...

Well this is my first but not last of my warm-up blogs to get me used to the idea of blogging on a more regular basis... I hope you all enjoy and let me know what you think... And if you want... Give me some ideas on the types of things you would like to hear more about...

The Mister.

6 Comments:

  • At Thu Jan 12, 10:05:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yessssss, finally, you did it... I'm proud of you... But we need to create you an account....

     
  • At Thu Jan 12, 10:31:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah.. How is it to be married to a frog ?

     
  • At Fri Jan 13, 09:37:00 AM , Blogger Elisabeth said...

    Excellent job, Mister. I especially liked your comments about the linguistic gap between you and the Mrs. I was married to an American (actually, I am still officially married to him, I tend to forget about that...) who, having been a French teacher, knows French very well. My current boyfriend is an American who does not speak French, but that is no real problem because, of course, I am perfectly bilingual. It was a slight problem only when we were visiting my family last summer, I had to translate everything, and that became a bit tedious.

    Lots to think about here. Thanks again for the great post, make sure to keep on contributing to this blog.

     
  • At Fri Jan 13, 12:16:00 PM , Blogger Lui said...

    Da Mister! Thanks for the post, it's nice to hear from you especially after all the awful things she said about you in French! Just kidding... your post is indeed very interesting, being French and maried to an American lady who doesn't speak much French BUT understands it VERY well, I can relate.

     
  • At Fri Jan 13, 06:07:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It was wonderful meeting you too :-)
    If you have any suggestions as to how I might condition John to want similar French classes, do tell! He's married to his new Xbox right now.

     
  • At Fri Jan 13, 10:26:00 PM , Blogger Cloporte said...

    Way to go, Mister !
    You can also talk about the joy of having a "diet-girl" at home ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home